[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
NEOGLOW • View topic - Introduction and introduce yourself

Introduction and introduce yourself

Forum announcements and policies

Re: Introduction and introduce yourself

Postby Neo » Wed May 25, 2011 7:45 am

Hello Bruce and Lijith! Welcome to the forum!
I guess after the recent Sharjah expo most of the members including me is laying low. :lol:

Enjoy reading and posting!
Neo
Site Admin

Postby Sony » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:06 am

Sony

Going to purchase a new Totyota Fortuner

Toyota 6 speker system

Badly wanting a upgrade
Sony

Postby Neo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Welcome to the forum! Its been silent for a while thanks for facebook page.
You can visit our facebook page for the latest update.
www.facebook.com/neoglow
Neo
Site Admin

Postby Bass Monster » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi guys,
This is my first post on the forum. I am glad to have coome across a forum of like minded people. Ive been fooling around car audio systems for a couple of decades now. However, I had to leave such hobbies and passions behind when I moved to the UAE in 2004.

Well, I have re-surfaced now and im blowing the dust off some of my hardware that were stowed away carefully. I've also bought a Lincoln Navigator as a project car to pursue my hobby.

Below is a list of hardware that I currently have.

Head Unit - Alpine HD138BT
Amplifier - JL Audio 450/4 Slash
Amplifier - JL Audio HD750/1
Amplifier - JL Audio 1000/1
All Monster Cables, distribution box, capacitors, etc are already sourced.

Im still on the lookout for suitable speakers and a JL Audio 12W7 or 13W7 subwoofer.

The car currently has undergone an updgrade of "The Big Three" and a 270 Amp HO Alternator which pumps out 200 Amps at idle.

So here gentlemen is a brief introduction of me and what I plan to do with car audio in the coming weeks.

Cheers !!
Last edited by Bass Monster on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bass Monster

Postby Neo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Welcome to the forum! Clearly you know your stuff. When we started the forum we hoped everyone who share and build up the community. But things a bit low these days.
So are you doing the car by urself. Post some pictures of the setup and if possible a build log.

You can still pursue the hobby, there are bunch of installers and hobbyist that keeps these things alive here.
Are you running dual alternators on custom clamp or replaced factory with a single HO alt?
Please start your own thread with pictures and plans.
Neo
Site Admin

Postby Bass Monster » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:16 am

Neo wrote:Welcome to the forum! Clearly you know your stuff. When we started the forum we hoped everyone who share and build up the community. But things a bit low these days.
So are you doing the car by urself. Post some pictures of the setup and if possible a build log.

You can still pursue the hobby, there are bunch of installers and hobbyist that keeps these things alive here.
Are you running dual alternators on custom clamp or replaced factory with a single HO alt?
Please start your own thread with pictures and plans.

Hello Neo,
Thank you for the warm welcome. I have always relied on professional installers to do the wiring and other customizations and installations. However, since I normally prefer a stealth installation with minimal changes to the OEM look and feel, I like to do most of the layout myself and get the installers to do the physical installations. However, since this car is a project and an old car with the sole intention of setting up a good sound system, I am a lot flexible.

As for the alternators, I have currently replaced the factory alternator with a single HO alternator. Since I am going to use only one amp (either the 750/1 or the 1000/1 depending on the subwoofer that I can get) for the sub initially, I think this should be sufficient. However, I would like to have the ability to scale up and then, I'll do the dual alternators.

As of now I think, it might be too early to start a thread as I am struggling to find a good subwoofer locally to fill in while my JLW7 arrives. In the meanwhile, I need to find something that I can afford to discard when I get my JL. Any suggestions on these lines would be highly appreciated.

Cheers !!!
Bass Monster

Postby Neo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am

13W7 all the way! Are you importing it? I though it was available here. Few of the guys had them during the recent EMMA competition. And the 1000/1 to along with the sub.

For the time being yI guess you could run any of those Kenwood of Pioneer 12 inch sub and keep the gain low so it doesnt easily blow.

Have you ordered the subs and speakers already? Let me know if you need here there.

I am planning on running HO alt for the new setup. I will be running 2KW to the sub. For the car I will have custom fabricate the alt adapters.
Neo
Site Admin

Postby Bass Monster » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:13 am

Hey Neo,
Apparently there is no one dealing with JL Audio in the UAE anymore. GWT were the last dealers. I guess I will have to import it. Would you know if any arre available locally ? I would be keen. In the meanwhile, I stumbled upon the Rockford Fosgate Power T1124D4 and seems like a decent alternative for a temporary setup. Atleast the specifications seem decent. Once I get the 13W7, I will swap my amp and install the 1000/1 JL Audio. In the meanwhile, I would use the JL Audio HD 750/1 so I dont break any voice coils :)

Where do you get the alternators from ? Is there any available locally ? I am just curious as I had to import mine. You also need to ensure that you brace the alternator well as you dont want the mounts to crack or break when the load kicks in.

Cheers !
Bass Monster

Postby Neo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:55 am

BM, If you are planning on importing the W7, let me know the price you are getting it for. I might be able to get it for a slightly better price.
Recession killed JL in UAE, lol. Really sad though!
T1 should do the job, I would have suggested trying DC audio sub for the interim but i dont have them now.

I have recently tied up with mechman and we will be importing and distributing mechman products. I am bringing in a standard alt for the tiburon and will have to fabricate the mounts, will make sure they are strong.
Neo
Site Admin

Postby ivnph » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi guys,

Newbie here.

Name: Ivan
Car: Ford Fiesta '11
Car Audio Setup: stock

I have a question. Will I be able to modify/customize my audio set up in my ford fiesta apart from speakers? And I am also interested in modifying a little bit of my car's interior (e.g. lighting, car seat covers and etc.), can you suggest where I can do this?
ivnph

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement