[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
NEOGLOW • View topic - Khalids Rubicon

Khalids Rubicon

Ours build logs for customers and friends. Watch out this section to see our work.

Re: Khalids Rubicon

Postby kyakobi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 am

Question, which option I should choose for the Subwoofer Phase (Normal or Reverse)?? What’s the difference between the two..
kyakobi

Postby Neo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:02 am

kyakobi wrote:Question, which option I should choose for the Subwoofer Phase (Normal or Reverse)?? What’s the difference between the two..

I will try to explain...
You are aware the the sound is produced by the speaker cone moving to and fro... So when you play music all the speaker cones move to and fro to make the sound. To produce bass the cone has the move a lot. Especially the woofer. When all the speakers are in phase they move forward and backward tgether to produce bass. When you reverse the phase of the sub only the sub cone movea opposite to the other speakers.

Eg: In Phase: All the cars traveling in the same direction in a one way.
Reverse Phase: One car travelling opposite direction in the same road.

This will cause the bass to cancel out.

Last time the installers had connected the speaker wires reversed. So when you reversed the phase on HU the phase became correct.

Hope the above info helps.
Neo
Site Admin

Postby kyakobi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:28 pm

Neo wrote:
kyakobi wrote:Question, which option I should choose for the Subwoofer Phase (Normal or Reverse)?? What’s the difference between the two..

I will try to explain...
You are aware the the sound is produced by the speaker cone moving to and fro... So when you play music all the speaker cones move to and fro to make the sound. To produce bass the cone has the move a lot. Especially the woofer. When all the speakers are in phase they move forward and backward tgether to produce bass. When you reverse the phase of the sub only the sub cone movea opposite to the other speakers.

Eg: In Phase: All the cars traveling in the same direction in a one way.
Reverse Phase: One car travelling opposite direction in the same road.

This will cause the bass to cancel out.

Last time the installers had connected the speaker wires reversed. So when you reversed the phase on HU the phase became correct.

Hope the above info helps.

Yeah I got it, thanks!

So basically, in my current setup i should not use the reverse phase for the subwoofer, right?
kyakobi

Postby Neo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Its totally upto you, there is nothing wrong is reversing the phase.
You can try and if you like listening to that style you can continue.
It will not damage anything.
Neo
Site Admin

Postby Neo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:54 pm

Khalid recently decided to upgrade and have some personal touch to the setup.
This is what happened in the end.
Kicker ZX750.1
Kicker S12L7
Kicker DB1448 dist blocks
Kicker FHM fuse blocks
Kicker PK8 power wire kit... etc....

Neo
Site Admin

Postby al_ainawi_786 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:31 pm

heheheheh WoW Man really cant wait to hear this one but i think so .... the rubicon is still to be continued more will come up

but farooq wat about the semi opaque woofer panel, its not glowing ?????
Nissan Sunny 1997
HU Kenwood DDX 8032 (DVD)
Kicker & Infinity Mids & highs
1 Long ba Amp 100 RMS X 4
2 Kicker KX 1200.1 Amps 1200 rms each
2 RockFord fosgate 1 FD Caps
1 Kicker Solo x 12
110 Amp Alternator
al_ainawi_786

Postby Neo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:57 am

More to come up in the rubicon???? I dont think so as this is as good as a rubicon can get.
I am saying this becoz already the music is clearly audible outside and no point going any more louder.

There is few touch ups that we have promised. He will run the vehicle for few weeks so the woofer can set in by the time he is back.
Neo
Site Admin

Postby kyakobi » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:13 am

Neo wrote:More to come up in the rubicon???? I dont think so as this is as good as a rubicon can get.
I am saying this becoz already the music is clearly audible outside and no point going any more louder.

There is few touch ups that we have promised. He will run the vehicle for few weeks so the woofer can set in by the time he is back.

I'm puting the volume 10 out of 40 and I'm getting a headach from the loudness lol. so for sure nothing more to come..
kyakobi

Previous

Return to Neoglow's Build Logs