[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
NEOGLOW • View topic - JonatZ Mercedes

JonatZ Mercedes

Ours build logs for customers and friends. Watch out this section to see our work.

JonatZ Mercedes

Postby Neo » Sat May 22, 2010 1:00 am

Vehicle: Mercedes E320
Owner: Jonatz
Existing System: Kenwood Head unit
Speakers: Kenwood 4 inches the back door, original speakers in the front door (Anyways those arent working)

Proposed system
Front Speakers: Focal Access 165A1 Components
Rear Speakers: Kicker KS350
Amp: JBL GTO5355
Sub: Crunch 12 in ground pounder
Power wire KIT: NEOGLOW 4 AWG KIT

The point:
Jonatz needed to start somewhere to improvise his ride. He decided to bump his confidence level by having a Quality car audio setup. After days of discussion we finally settled on the above setup.

The initial feedback from Team Neoglow Installers:
OMG, the installation of the wiring Kit is impossible.
There is more than 100Feet of speakers wires gone into the car.
The Doors requires two rings per door pad and precision setup to install the focal speakers.

The pics should show the facts.

Well this is where the focal speakers should go in.
By the way the factory speakers are 6 inch and not 6.5

The 4 inch kenwood speakers stuffed in.

All this would go in.

4 Inch Vs 3.5 Inch

Kenwood Vs Kicker

Thats a huge gap. Gotta Put back the factory speaker box to focus the focals.
Neo
Site Admin

Re: JonatZ Mercedes

Postby Neo » Sat May 22, 2010 1:13 am

Oh!!! We gonna need you back. We have got plans for you.

The focal

To big to fit in there, plus its impossible to fix it on this flimsy door panel.
The focal speaker cover cant be fixed.

OH!! It wont fit there either, so what do we do now?

Pulling the wire upto the rear is just half the story, none of the carpet or the panels would close. Mercedes!!!

Back to focal speaker installation. The base layer ring.

Test fitting
Neo
Site Admin

Postby Neo » Sat May 22, 2010 1:22 am

The Outer speaker ring

Wrapped in black!!! The original wrapping has different shades, plus the speaker cover is black.

Test Fit

Wow!! Tat was easy! Except it took a lot of man hours and planning.

More to come tomorrow.
Neo
Site Admin

Postby SQ_scoob » Sat May 22, 2010 11:20 am

Whoa!!! Hands down Neo, you and the guys at the shop are really putting quite a show!!!

Keep up the good work ;)
SQ_scoob

Postby Neo » Sat May 22, 2010 11:20 pm

Wat a mess!!!

This is your place MR amplifier.

More Mess

YEeehaa , It fits!!!

Awesome!! It fits too!!!

That has to be cleaned up!!

Ground Pounder waiting to be pounded

After so much elbow grease!!!

Still a long way to go!

Rear Door baffle

Cute lil guy!!!

Scoob and Jonatz listening to their SQ music and tuning the system.

Rear Door completed

A view from back to front

A view from rear seat to the trunk

Trunk setup!! Look Ma no wires!

The END
Neo
Site Admin

Postby jonatz26 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:09 am

What can I say? Its worth the waiting! After putting up all that man hours to install a decent yet awesome sound system in my ride was really, I will say it again, AWESOME!!

Hats down to the guru Neo and to his brilliant father (a real tag team champion!) for doing a great job on my ride. And of course many thanks to SQscoob for tuning up my system!

More power to you Neo and to your father and SQscoob!
jonatz26

Postby Neo » Sun May 23, 2010 8:36 am

Thank you jonatz and sorry for the delay in providing the services.
We were short of our wood worker as he must be still in his marriage spirit.
One of our helper was on leave so that made things slower.

I am only second to our main carpenter and something he does in 10 minutes might take me half and hour to 45 mins. :)

We spend some crucial time in making sure the front door rings and pads were reinforced and strong. This took my time away from the rest of the installation.

And we made a mistake, and common installers mistake. Assumption!

We assumed the connection from HU to speakers were correct and the previous guy did it right. Normaly I test the lines and polarity/phasing after laying the wires, but i was busy with the door pads. Never Again will this happen. A clear quality issue!

I hope you would love and take care of the system as much as we cared in setting it up. Good luck
Neo
Site Admin

Postby jonatz26 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:16 am

I'm lovin' every second of it! Now I'm off to Virgin Megastore to buy some good cds to play on my new system as I don't want to play mp3 with 128kbit/s.

If you have a good compilation of 192kbit/s mp3 maybe you would like to share it with me :)
jonatz26

Postby SQ_scoob » Sun May 23, 2010 3:47 pm

It was an awesome install Neo! Compliments to you and your Father, you both have done a great job. Hoping that this would continue in the future. :)

Another satisfied customer, congrats!

@Jonatz: It was nice trying to tune it to your liking, but if you dont mind I would like to have another go with it and see if we can still make it sound better. Just let me know. ;)
SQ_scoob

Postby jonatz26 » Sun May 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Sure SQ! I'll give you a call after I bought some cds of my preferred music :) and have it tuned up again though the tuning preferences you have made is great! :D
jonatz26

Next

Return to Neoglow's Build Logs