[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
NEOGLOW • View topic - Vinod's 2008 Prado

Vinod's 2008 Prado

Ours build logs for customers and friends. Watch out this section to see our work.

Vinod's 2008 Prado

Postby Neo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:05 pm

Owner: Vinod
Vehicle: 2008 Prado
Existing system: Factory Cassette player and speakers

Proposed system: Kenwood Single Din Head unit
Amplifier : Kicker 08 700.5 (Five channel )
Speakers: Kicker DS 650.2
Woofer: Kicker TCVT84 ( 8inch Shallow mount subwoofer)
Neo
Site Admin

Re: Vinod's 2008 Prado

Postby SQ_scoob » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Looks like this will be a good install! Ill keep my eye on this one...
SQ_scoob

Postby Neo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:30 am

Okay here are some initial pics.
We ran into problem because the Hu on the car isnt Din 1 or Din2 also its more wider than standard HU. So we had to customize the setup and use something from a different model to integrate the HU to the dash unit.

The front Doors have 6x9 speakers and those were substituted with a 6.5inch DS 650.2 component system.
The rear doors dont have any speakers only a template and we installed a 6.5inch DS 650.

Monster Speaker wires have been pulled all the way to the front from the rear amp.

Amp, sub yet to be installed.

Amp will require a custom amp rack since it wil be placed in the trunk.
The rack should protect the amp and make sure its safe for the occupents.

All safety standards have been followed.

Power wire has been pulled into the cabin throught factory hole with plastic gourment.

Prepping to remove the Factory HU

Removing the factory HU

The 8 inch shallow mount kicker woofer in the box

The birth Sheet / birth certificate

Neo
Site Admin

Postby SQ_scoob » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:10 am

Wow nice install!!! How I wish I could drop by the shop, but its very difficult with my current schedule....keep us posted :)
SQ_scoob

Postby Neo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:06 am

Scoob i was impressed with the install as it came out fine.
(Will review it again and have a final touch when Vinod brings in the car today)

The setup is good and i guess with a lil bit tweaking from your end, you can keep listening to it for days.
:D

The HU was placed correctly and supported.
(There is a small gap in the side that was pointed out by Vinod yesterday.)

The Sub was mounted onto the rear door and supported by three clamps.

The door speakers were mounted in factory location without damage to factory mounting
Front door speakers were on custom templates. ( Re arranged the speakers and componets as u mentioned)
Rear Door speakers were on Factory plastic moulding.

Amp was set in a rack and it placed in the trunk.
There is a fan and duct for cooling.

Finalized product pics will be taken today.

We had been set back by small issues and that made the delivery very late

I was totally not happy with giving off the vehicle without a Quality Check.
I had informed vinod that there might be few issues that pop in few days as the entire interior was removed and placed again.

Problems after install is so far at 4

1) Unable to lock the rear door manually and automatically
2) Unable to remote operate right side windows
3) Couldnt clean up the gum from the right side of the dash
4) Central Locking is not working as desired.

These will be looked into today and we have assured vinod that any dissatisfaction regarding the system will be fixed to his satisfaction.

Now additional pictures.

Power wires and RCAs wired seperately through factory lines

Will mount the sub here

Will mount the amp here

Amp rack basics

Fitment

Top cover

With Fan

Neo
Site Admin

Postby SQ_scoob » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:39 am

Yup problems do come up usually during a first install, but its normal as its the first time you did a prado. The next for sure will be perfect.

Gum residue from the masking tape? Try using alcohol and a soft cotton cloth it works wonders lol But check first if there will be discoloration before using full amount of the stuff, but usually alcohol is safe, just put some dash polish after and the luster will come back. :D
SQ_scoob

Postby vinodg » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:30 am

Neo has done a fantastic job of installing the audio system in my Prado, Its 100% Neat and clean, No exposed wires at all. This kind of a clean, neat and hard work is possible only when its done by people who has real passion for their work. You have to see the work to really appreciate it

I am completely satisfied with the workmanship and the performance of the system. As Neo said, with people with trained ears and experience (like Scoob) around, more refinement may be possible. We are looking forward to it.

I am sure the problems like those listed by Neo are just minor problems which can be rectified without much problems during my second visit today. Anyway I have one more item to add to that list.
“The in-dash clock – is showing wrong time and I could not reset it. The reset button is not working.”

So I am more than happy to welcome those who wants to have a look on the professional audio system installation in my car before they are going for one.

Great job NEO, keep it up.
vinodg

Postby SQ_scoob » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:32 pm

Its nice to hear that you are satisfied with Neo's work, he is really like that, kind of a OC (Obsessive Compulsive) person lol :D No pun intended bud ;)

I would love to hear your sets vinod, I hope I could meet you one of this days lol And mind you my ears are not trained yet and experience wise still a noob lol But ill try my best to tune it the way you want it to :D

Kudos to you Neo!
SQ_scoob

Postby SQ_scoob » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Any updates on this one? :D
SQ_scoob

Postby Neo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Finally The issues have been resolved.

I will add the details at it will help some one else in the future when they face the very same issue.

The problem of Wrong Time on the clock was settings. I didnt have access to the manuals but it seems vinod figured it out.

The rear door lock issue was resolved, the fitment was wrong.

The window issue baffled me because its supposed to be plug and play.
Finally it striked me when i saw all the window switches blinking.
It requires calibration and learning.

Calibration: Roll down the window button on each door for few secs and roll in up and hold on to the switch until the lights become steady. Now u should be able to control all the windows from driver console.

I guess this info should be there in the manual

The gum was cleaned using Armor all Tar and bug remover and then applied armorall protectant.
i wud have used alcohol in my car for this case though. :D

Few more Pics I took today.

Neo
Site Admin

Next

Return to Neoglow's Build Logs